Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default RCF ART300A speaker

wrote:

Not what I would've done but sounds good.

Now how do you write tyhe bill ?

Really, when you modify something there is no price schedule.

** Yep - always tricky to put a price on designing a custom modification that fixes a nasty problem the maker could not be bothered fixing. I simply had to fit the mods cos the dumb fault that fed full rail DC to the speaker voice coils just might return.

The owner has now seen the work and was happy and he has another 11 of them in constant use.

In this case, my bill is well less than the combined bills for re-coning the woofer and a new horn diaphragm - which I estimate will exceed A$400.

.... Phil