Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default RCF ART300A speaker

Not what I would've done but sounds good.

Now how do you write tyhe bill ?

Really, when you modify something there is no price schedule. I now I only charged rtwenty bucks to wrap a flyback for an HK short in the CRT, but that was after a couple of basic charges that brought it up to a livable level..

Time and materials ? Alot of machne shop **** is judged that way. Not all, they have a couple different ways of doing it.

Here's a freaky one. How to figure out what to charge for a modification :

In the GTE Sylvania E 4X series chassis of color TVs there was a chip witht he part number of 15-43301. this was custom or made by them and only for themselves. I supported a countdown circuit for line sync and frequency.

Well a bunch of them even brand new werr coming out with no sync. You got the picture but it was floating out there, and nothing really fixed it. Well I hade a look at three of the pins and with the resistor, cap and whatever thee, determined that I could probably just put a transistor there to detect the sync. It worked.

Then I figured that this is what Sylvania had done,to simply put that transistor inside the package with the IC. I know people who lost a ****load of monet for not being able to get good ICs like this, if I had done this a few years earlier I could have made bucks and kept the landfills a bit cleaner.