Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Cleaning Cat5/RJ45 Connectors?

On Sun, 07 Dec 2014 17:00:34 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 12/7/2014 12:04 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 7 Dec 2014 08:33:03 -0800, "Oren" wrote:

You could replace it with equipment that wont rust.

You could stop being an asshole:

He could try, but he'd proably fail.

You know, that might have been a poorly
worded, but serious answer. It is possible

You missed the point. It doesn't matter -- he forged Oren's name.

they make gold plated connectors, which
are more tarnish resistant.

OP might also generously coat the fittings
with heavy grease, to repel water. I'm not
sure if marine grease, or lithium would work.

WD-40 the water displacer might make the fittings
last longer, but that WD dries out.

I wonder if dielectric grease would help? Advance
Auto has two ounce tubes, in with RTV and other
stuff in two ounce tubes. I use dielectric grease
for light bulb sockets, flash light end cap
threads, and other uses.

I'm going to continue to be an asshole (grin here).

-
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus