Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New Front Door Hardware

On Sun, 07 Dec 2014 14:01:44 -0500, John Albert
wrote:

I need a new front door, hardware, etc.

Door will probably be of steel, with two pre-drilled cutouts (one for
deadbolt lock, one for handle).

With that in mind, I have some general questions involving lock hardware.

I don't want the cheapest stuff, don't mind paying a little more for
better quality.
I'll be looking for a deadbolt above a Euro-style "lever" handle.

- Suggestions as to brands?
- Should I also get a keyed lever handle (as well as the keyed deadbolt
above)?
- Anything else to pay attention to?

Definitely consider a fiberglass door instead of steel. They don't
dent, they paint well, they look better, they are warmer, They do
command a slight premium price-wise, but in my book, worth every
penny.