Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cleaning Cat5/RJ45 Connectors?

On Sun, 07 Dec 2014 11:27:01 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

I've got a few IP cameras down at the New Jersey shore where they are
subject to the typical marine environment.

Even the indoor connections are eventually affected.

Been using some stuff from Radio Shack (two cans: "DeOxit DN5" to clean
and "DeOxit GN5" to condition/protect after cleaning).

I use it on the RJ45 plugs and the RJ45 receptacles - which are
sometimes visibly blackened by the time a problem surfaces.

It works, but the cans are very small (14g net) and the stuff's not
cheap.

Anybody got an alternative that comes in larger containers?

Synco Super-Lube after using the de-oxit DN5.
Buy a tub for about $12