Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jonathan Jonathan is offline

Default Bosch dishwasher problem

On Monday, January 5, 2004 12:29:23 PM UTC, Frisket wrote:
Hi all, Happy New Year! (possibly)
We've got a Bosch dishwasher that's stopped emptying. The dial on the front
still goes round and when it gets to the point where it should pump out it
sounds like normal but the water doesn't go away. I've removed the filter
block and frigged the door interlock so it runs and carefully stuck one of
my pinkies down the drain hole to what feels like the pump and it's not
moving (though it is free to turn). Don't know the model number but it's
only about 2 years old and it's one of the 450mm wide ones if that helps.
Any ideas? It'll be a royal pain to get out from under the unit if necessary
as I'll have to lift the laminate flooring (long story, don't ask) but I
thought I'd try you guys (and dolls) before resorting to a kitchen refit.
TIA, Richard

Mine had that problem. Turned out a guest had broken a glass and then removed the filter so bits of broken glass were stopping the pump. Easy to solve once you knew the problem.

Jonathan