Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I can't solder miniature connectors anymore...any tricks?

On Sun, 07 Dec 2014 05:05:18 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Fri, 05 Dec 2014 22:37:49 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Bob Engelhardt wrote:

On 5/16/2014 12:17 PM, Karl Townsend wrote:
... For soldering, have you seen the dial indicator
holder that just takes one hand knob to tighten the whole thing? They
are just tits. Anyway, put an allegator clamp in place of the
indicator, hold the thing in place and tighten - it won't move even a
couple thou. maybe get one for the other part too.
http://www.mscdirect.com/product/det...60426&fromRR=Y

You may choke on the price, but THEY ARE WORTH EVERY PENNY.

I have one of those - a competitor's version, I think. It is a
FANTASTIC indicator holder. Great idea- using it for soldering!

I got mine when somebody here alerted to it's being on sale - for $65,
IIRC (not MSC). $65 seemed like a lot, but was worth it. $175, I don't
think so. I would HATE to have to decide whether to spend $175 for it -
it's so good, but that's so much.

Egad! Noga is downright _proud_ of that one, aren't they?

I just bought this for $19.95

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161430851697

These sell for $14.95 at Harbor Fright every day of the week, and
they're often under ten bucks on sale.
http://www.harborfreight.com/multipo...ment-5645.html

I've never seen one at the local HF store.

If you go there a lot, ask them to stock it for you. I got mine at
the semi-local store, 30 miles away. I make the Medford run every
month or three. Mine didn't stock their wheelbarrow inner tube, so I
ordered one off Amazon for a buck less. Hopefully, it won't smell
like Chinese rubber, which is worse than vomit when it comes to the
gag response. Dear Crom, what do they use in it?

--
Believe nothing.
No matter where you read it,