Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I can't solder miniature connectors anymore...any tricks?

On Sat, 06 Dec 2014 06:43:00 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

http://www.harborfreight.com/clampin...tor-93051.html

Thats the style I use the most, but mine all have a magnetic base
rather than visegrips. I did make an adapter that allows me to screw
it onto a C clamp however...but it seldom gets used. Though when one
needs it...its damned nice to have

Thats a VERY good price for that set. I paid over $100 for my
"gooseneck" indicator holder.

http://www.use-enco.com/1/1/9874-52-...base-sets.html

Ive picked up several others, used for less money of course.

They ARE a bit fiddly and they dont hold a lot of weight..but Im only
holding dial test indicators (.ooo1)

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke