Posted to alt.home.repair
danny burstein danny burstein is offline

Default remote ctl interior wall mount thermostat?

In writes:

We're looking for something that we can move around that
remotely adjusts the _wall_ portion.

Thanks.

Honeywell makes one of those too - I believe it is the Prestige.

see
http://www.geek.com/gadgets/honeywel...emote-1358057/

nice unit. but still doesn't do it:

"If you want the temperature to be 62 degrees at night
in your bedroom and you put the PCC on the nightstand,
that's what it is, not 62 in the hallway or living room."

- and also it's 5 hundred dollars...

This sounds like such a simple concept, and these are
part and parcel of pretty much any Mini Split unit
and many window air conditioners [a]. It's a simple handheld
unit, the size of a tv remote, which adjusts the temperature
settings on the wall mounted thermostat.

[a] prbably available on electric and other heaters, too,
but I don't have any experience with them.

Thanks again