Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default [OT] Slow streaming from IP camera

On 05/12/2014 14:20, JoeJoe wrote:
I have one of these
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dericam-H502...item4abbba336c

It works fine, but the streaming speed is very disappointing most of the
time. It is connected wirelessly - the signal is very strong - all the
other equipment around the house is wired.

The camera supports up to 25fps, but apart from a short period last week
where is suddenly started to stream at 22-24fps I have never seen it
working at over 10-11fps, and often at only 5fps. Even placing the
camera immediately next to the router didn't improve matters. Wiring it
to the router resulted in around 15fps.

There are no other wi-fi network in the house/area.

The camera and the router are both static and I tried to boot them both
and disconnect everything else, but couldn't get a faster speed.

Any tips as to how to try and get fps?

TIA.

Have you checked for firmware updates?

--