Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JC[_6_] JC[_6_] is offline

Default Mother board problem

On 12/4/2014 1:06 AM, wrote:
On Wednesday, December 3, 2014 9:27:56 AM UTC-8, Ken wrote:
snip
Replaced the PS, a good thought however. This still leads me back to a
clock generator that is not showing any leads moving. The processor
cannot begin to function without a clock pulse. My biggest problem is
not being able to find any documentation for the processor or the clock
generator. Unlike days of old when such info was available, the
manufacturers only give it to those purchasing (or about to purchase) a
large number of their devices today.

Hi Ken,

There is a full schematic for your clock gen at

http://wenku.baidu.com/view/1207127f...e05081419.html

About 2/3 down the webpage there is a document Clock Gen Silego
SLG8LP625TTR, it shows bad on the web but if you save it and open it its
very clear to read

posters here may not realize this is a one piece computer and probably
worth repairing.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/p...s&dlc=en&lc=en

An image of the board is here :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-TouchSmar...item3cd6ba4bae