Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Drill stand or cheap pillar drill?

In article ,
GMM GlMiMa-AT-yahoo.co.uk wrote:
I bought a drill stand (cheapo jobby from MM), got it home and found it
wouldn't fit any of my drills. Went and bought a cheapo drill from
somewhere with the right size collar and being in the stand revealed
just how much run out it had, so the whole arrangement was a waste of
time.

Only use I have for an old drill stand permanently fitted with an even
older mains drill is for drilling lots of holes in thick wood. My cheap
drill press has a maximum travel of 50mm - the drill stand rather more. So
can be useful if you have a long enough drill.

--
*Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of cheques *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.