Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Fire Ants

On Thu, 04 Dec 2014 07:26:22 -0500, Norminn
wrote:

On 12/3/2014 12:41 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 03 Dec 2014 12:22:29 -0500, Norminn
wrote:

When I lived in Florida, I was doing yard work around the condo. I
knelt down on a fire ant nest....they are very stealthy and can be all
over you before they bite.....then they bit! Man! I was up and
brushing off fire ants from my thighs as fast as I could. Probably
didn't take 10 sec. to get most of them off, but still had over 100 bites.

... Ah feel your pain. Mowing the lawn, NOT seeing the mound, on the
return cut there will be more ants ready to attack ... BTDT.

Jump in the lake or cool your legs with a water hose, rubbing them off
as fast as you can. White vinegar will take out much of the sting.

Like trying to rub a knot off your head after bumping it, falling out
of a tree really fast. Fire ants can make you dance

I did quite a bit of nature photography in Florida and my tripod was
like a divining stick.....standing on a f.a. mound every time 'til I
trained myself to LOOK FIRST )

I'm a Florida swamp billy. Can you post a couple of links to your
photos? I'd be interested. gfretwell posted a photo of black bears ...

Orchids? Native Maple trees? Yep, the Everglades do have seasons.