Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Plumbing regs and isolators

On 04/12/2014 10:52, Andy Wade wrote:
On 02/12/2014 19:11, John Rumm wrote:

What rules there are for plumbing don't usually cover useful stuff like
usability and maintainability.

Except that the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations require
pipework under concrete or solid floors etc. to be sleeved "to ensure
that the pipework is accessible and/or can be removed for maintenance or
repair."

This is quite a useful practical guide:

https://www.wras.co.uk/plumbing_prof...allation_faqs/

Indeed... useful link.

I take back some of what I said above then - they seem to have expanded
the scope of the WRAS regulations since last I looked. (although
admittedly I was thinking more about building regs rather than WRAS
previously)

This one caught my eye:

Q. CAN A PUMP BE INSTALLED ON A SUPPLY PIPE TO BOOST LOW PRESSURE?

A. Yes - Pumps are allowed to be installed on supply pipes. However if
the pump is capable of delivering more than 12 litres per minute, you
must notify your water supplier and seek their consent before starting
any work. Notification Page

--
Cheers,

John.