Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default What lasts longer than my fhumbnail.

I can't figure out what made them occur, but there are deposits on my
bathroom sink, at different heights, no less. I've never let water sit
in the sink, usually not at all, and in maybe 10 cases I have but no
more than a couple minutes.

I have Bar Keeper's friend (but have to find it), and I have a Magic
Eraser, that Gomez and Nestork recommended for shower floors. I have
Zud, but just noticed that it doesn't promise not to scratch.

So first I used Sof'-scrub. Verrry slow if at all, and worse I think
it was just rounding off the corners so it would make other methods
harder to use.

What worked well was my thumb-nail. It would take whole "chips" off in
one stroke, almost half a square millimeter at a time. Worked maybe
100 times as fast as Sof-scrub. And what got removed was small enough
that it didn't get under my nail and hurt, like some other things have.

The problem was that my thumbnails wore down.

Do they manufacture finger-nail equivalents?

There have been lots of things my thumb or other finger did well at
removing, etc. I could wait until my nails get longer again, but I'm
thinking it's more civilized and commercialized to buy something. And
would not require so much waiting.

Any suggestions of something like a thumb- or finger-nail?

If they can make artificial hips and knees and ears, surely they can
make finger-nail equivalents.