fipster

Default Food Safe Finishes (aka Speaking of Goblets)

For projects that are going to come in contact with liquids and salads I always use MINERAL OIL. A
project with a good sanding and mineral oil will look fine. The disadvantage is having to replenish
the oil finish every once in a while depending on useage. It's the one finish that is completely
safe. Food dies would be okay but I would be leary about others.

Phil https://home.comcast.net/~phileen/index.html

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 13:53:13 -0700, "Antony Sykes" wrote:

Anyone care to point me in the right direction regarding "food safe"
finishes? I've looked into a few, such as walnut, salad bowl, and a few
other oils. Can these, or any other finishes, be applied over dies or
stains and remain food safe?

Thanks,
Antony Sykes
WWW (Wannabe Wood Worker)