Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Drill stand or cheap pillar drill?

In article ,
Scott M wrote:
IMO the cheap ones all come out of the same factory. I got a Parkside
one from AldidLidl for about £40 and, AFAICT, it was basically the same
as the Clarke ones from MachineMart. But I got the 16mm chuck instead of
the 13mm on the boggo Clarke.

I replaced a B&Q one (PP?) with a Lidl which actually had a cheaper
purchase price - although quite a few years later. They do look like they
came from the same basic design since quite a few bits were
interchangeable. The Lidl one has a much more powerful motor, though - I
often managed to stall the B&Q one.

--
*Women like silent men; they think they're listening.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.