Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plumbing regs and isolators

On 02/12/14 19:30, Graham. wrote:
On Tue, 02 Dec 2014 19:14:16 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

On 02/12/2014 14:15, Tim Watts wrote:
On 02/12/14 13:15, cd wrote:
Hi all,

For the sake of convenience, I'd like to use just one isolator for both a
sink and a toilet in a bathroom. This isolator will be under the sink,
but the toilet it also controls will be at the other end of the room.

Is this arrangement kosher?

cheers.

Yes.

There are no rules regarding how you arrange internal isolators - do
what you like.

Well there are some... like no isolator in the vent pipe of a vented
heating system ;-)

Funnily enough I took this at the place I was working today
https://flic.kr/p/pZkEMy

I can't see a problem having an isolator on the outlet, but I can't
see a good reason for it either.

It depends I guess if it is parallel with another source or not, like a
boiler (as a backup)?