Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Photo question for Ed Huntress

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 1 Dec 2014 04:47:05 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Sunday, November 30, 2014 11:11:38 PM UTC-5, Joe Gwinn wrote:
.

For industrial photos, probably true. I was wondering about for
instance the mainline advertising industry. Think Photo District News.

Joe Gwinn

Not for professionals, but I understand slightly insane amateurs are kludging up large format cameras. They are using scanners in place of the film. So they have a large ( maybe 8.5 inch by 14 inch ) " film ". And can use tilts and such to get exactly what they want as a photo.

ooooh!! Id have never thought of that!! Got any
links/photos/examples? Fascinating idea!!!

a search for "slit scan" and photography will come up with some of these.
Some folks move a slit across film, some just us a scanner mounted on the
back of a camera.