Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default question about Sony Discman

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message ...

I've had one or two failed micros over the years, but compared to faulty
switches, the relative proportion is vanishingly small.

As soon as I find the service manual (which I will be looking for this
morning), I will let you guys know. (I'm sure you're waiting with bated
breath.)

Practical servicing question, Arfa... If I'm soldering in a CMOS-based device
that's battery-operated, would it make sense to leave the batteries in, on the
(likely faulty) assumption they would supply a low-impedance path for errant
voltages?

Of course not! I shouldn't have written that! I'm making a fool of myself!