Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default question about Sony Discman

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message ...

Assuming that it's one of the tactile 'dome' switches, it is very common
for these to 'collapse' and effectively fail short circuit. I know that you
said you were not looking to repair it, but it really is a very simple fix
if you can be bothered to take it apart.

It's not a question of "bothered". I have to find the service manual so I can
"rationally" remove the lid. (It's not obvious how it comes off.) Once that's
done, it will be a simple matter to unscrew the panel covering the switch pad.

Thanks for your encouragement. Now, if I can get some help with the Lux
amplifier I damaged yesterday... (There's always John Curl.)