Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Photo question for Ed Huntress

wrote in message
On Monday, December 1, 2014 8:41:53 AM UTC-5, Gunner Asch wrote:

ooooh!! Id have never thought of that!! Got any
links/photos/examples? Fascinating idea!!!

Damn...scanner movement might be a killer though translated through
the camera body/tripod

This is something I read about several years ago, so I do not have
any links. Not ever a good idea of text to search on.

Well I tried " scanner large format camera " and came up with some
websites. It is one of those things I think about doing every once
in a while.

I wonder if one could take a bunch of shots without moving anything
and then use the astronomy software to stack the images and get rid
of problems with scanner movement.

Dan

If you are that far into it you could make your own stepper drive and
reduce the vibration, or wait for it to settle. It's not difficult
unless you need competitive speed for a commercial product. My lab
prototype stepper driver for a printer head was about half a page of
assembly code.
-jsw