Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Photo question for Ed Huntress

On Sunday, November 30, 2014 11:11:38 PM UTC-5, Joe Gwinn wrote:
..

For industrial photos, probably true. I was wondering about for
instance the mainline advertising industry. Think Photo District News.

Joe Gwinn

Not for professionals, but I understand slightly insane amateurs are kludging up large format cameras. They are using scanners in place of the film. So they have a large ( maybe 8.5 inch by 14 inch ) " film ". And can use tilts and such to get exactly what they want as a photo.

The disadvantage is of course time. No stop action photos using a scanner as film.

And then there are the astronomers who use software to stack up images to increase light sensitivity without losing resolution.

Dan