Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris French Chris French is offline

Default Dummy AA battery?

In message , Tim Streater
writes
In article , Uncle Peter wrote:

On Mon, 01 Dec 2014 00:12:15 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

Whenever I buy stuff off Amazon I get a mail asking me to rate the
transaction and write a review of the product and the process of
getting it.

I prefer to see the feedback myself instead of trusting Amazon to
choose.

To choose what?

I also can never figure out if I'm buying
from Amazon, a company, or an individual.

You are obviously dim.

The website designer is dim.

No George it's you. F'rinstance:

If I want a XIAOZHI Deluxe Leather iPad Mini Padfolio for Junior Legal
A5 Paper, then right there on the page with the item it says:

Dispatched from and sold by mostwill-eu

By contrast if I want a Pentax 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AL IF DC WR Lens
then right there on the page with the item it says:

Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.

Simples.

Then maybe it's improved.

Been like that for some yonks at least.

Indeed, though my FIL still seems not to always notice.

Anyway, why are Amazon selling stuff and allowing others to as well?
Is it a company or a marketplace?

Why not. They make it clear what's going on - who you're buying from.

There are a few benefits to Amazon of the Amazon Marketplace setup.

1. It keeps more online trade through the Amazon website, so encouraging
people to just go there. If you are there you are more likely to buy
from Amazon, than if you are on another website. And you are more likely
to come back another time.

2. The get a cut of any sales anyway.

3. Market intelligence - they know what is being sold, how much, for
what price etc. and can see if it is worth them selling a particular
product.
--
Chris French