Posted to uk.d-i-y
Uncle Peter[_2_] Uncle Peter[_2_] is offline

Default Dummy AA battery?

On Mon, 01 Dec 2014 01:35:19 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 01 Dec 2014 00:12:15 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Uncle Peter wrote:

On Sun, 30 Nov 2014 23:57:55 -0000, Tim Streater

wrote:

In article , Uncle Peter
wrote:

Amazon is completely ****ed altogether. The website looks like it
was made
by a child. There's no obvious feedback system,

Feedback in what sense? Reviews? Or about stuff you buy as in how they
were to deal with? Either of these is trivially simple.

In the sense of how it is on Ebay. How reputable the seller is.

That doesn't exist on Amazon and doesn't need to in the same sense. On
ebay you're dealing with individuals (or possibly companies). They may
have a crap rep, so the feedback on them is useful.

The concept is supposedly different on Amazon. Supposedly they've been
vetted by Amazon and you are mostly dealing with companies. I would
imagine that if a company screws up too often Amazon would remove them
as a trading partner.

Whenever I buy stuff off Amazon I get a mail asking me to rate the
transaction and write a review of the product and the process of
getting it.

I prefer to see the feedback myself instead of trusting Amazon to choose.

I also can never figure out if I'm buying
from Amazon, a company, or an individual.

You are obviously dim.

The website designer is dim.

No George it's you. F'rinstance:

If I want a XIAOZHI Deluxe Leather iPad Mini Padfolio for Junior Legal
A5 Paper, then right there on the page with the item it says:

Dispatched from and sold by mostwill-eu

By contrast if I want a Pentax 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AL IF DC WR Lens
then right there on the page with the item it says:

Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.

Simples.

Then maybe it's improved.

Anyway, why are Amazon selling stuff and allowing others to aswell?

Because they make more money that way.

Is it a company or a marketplace?

Its both.

A mess.

--
god said:

"The Divergence of the B Field = 0
The Curl of the E Field + the partial time derivative of the B field = 0
The Divergence of the D field = the charge density
The Curl of the H field - the partial time derivative of the D field = the current density"

and there was light, and he saw that it was good and of constant speed.