Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Re-cycling compactor

Lobster wrote:

I also works brilliantly for leaves; except the compaction ratio is about
90% then - the problem is that it's very easy to get it so full that either
(a) the contents don't fall out when inverted and/or (b) the bin men take
one look and decide it's been filled with mud or something, and just leave
it. Not fun trying to take an overfilled bin of leaves down to the council
dump and emtying over the it railings into the skip...

My bin men did, eventually, get all the leaves out of my bin, but
it took a great deal of banging and shaking to do it.

Haven't I seen tubular metal devices that hook onto the bin to
compact in situ?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK