Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Re-cycling compactor

In message , "Nightjar
\"cpb\"@" "insert my surname writes
I am interested that councils elsewhere have a more
relaxed approach to *sorting*. St. Albans DC seem unable to have the
same rules for more than 12 months at a time:-(

That sounds as though they award the recycling contract to different
companies every year.

Maybe. Possibly their contractors are catching up with automated sorting
reported elsewhere.

Currently 3 different lorry collections on recycle day! Garden waste,
bottles and paper and back for tins/plastic.

As they have to turn their lorries in my yards, I'm saving that as an
argument to head off any re-valuation of the community charge:-)

--
Tim Lamb