Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default question about Sony Discman

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
When the Play/Pause button is held down, a "good" unit misbehaves in
exactly the same way as the "bad" unit, whether or not the remote control
is installed.

The Play/Pause button isn't jammed, so it would seem the fault is
somewhere in the wiring.

I have the service manual. When I find it, I'll tear into the lid (which
holds the key pad). It couldn't hurt.

Assuming that it's one of the tactile 'dome' switches, it is very common for
these to 'collapse' and effectively fail short circuit. I know that you said
you were not looking to repair it, but it really is a very simple fix if you
can be bothered to take it apart.

Arfa