Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Re-cycling compactor

Dave Liquorice wrote
Chris French wrote

We don't normally fill ourrecycling wheelie bin,

The only wheelie bin we have is for garden waste.
Wheelie bins are just to slow for the collectors.

Bull**** with the systems that have enough of a clue to
have the bins picked up and emptied into the truck with
no human involved at all other than driving the truck.

Non-recycables are in a blue bag, a box (2'6" x 18"
squareish) for glass/metal and two tough bags (12"
square and 2'6" highish) for paper/card, plastics.

Makes a lot more sense to have a single wheely bin for
all the recyclable stuff and have the whole thing picked
up and emptied into the truck by the automatic system
and have the whole lot sorted automatically by a fancy
machine back where the truck takes it to.

If you blink you'll miss the blue bag collection, just gets
lobbed into the back of the truck which barely stops moving.

Dinosaur stuff.

The recylables takes a bit longer but no were
near as long as three wheelie bins would take.

That is just plain wrong. We have separate
trucks for the type of wheelie bin.

Our recycling bin takes paper, cardboard, plastics, glass.

No metal?

It all goes to a big processing plant where it is sorted.

And mixed in the wheelie bin?

In our case, yep.

And we only have two, no separate one for garden waste.

It then goes off to the various plastics manufacturing companies I
guess.

I have a feeling that might be a bad assumption.
It's information that ought to be easy to find
but isn't and what is there is a little coy.

Not coy so much as just not of interest to most
and too complicated to explain all the different
detail of the plastics.