Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fires in Ferguson, Missouri ...

On 11/30/2014 9:14 AM, philo wrote:

Here is a little story:

I used to work in Chicago.
One day I was on the South side and walked into a McDonald's for lunch.
As soon as I walked in I saw that 100% of the people inside were black.

My first thought was to get the hell out of there fast.

Of course in my case at least when I'm hungry I can't be stopped and I
probably would have entered if the place had been burning to the ground.

At any rate, I stayed for lunch and of course absolutely nothing at all
happened.

But I will never forget that feeling of panic "Oh my God, I'm in the
WRONG place!"

So now put that shoe on the other foot and imagine what black people go
through every day.

When I was about twenty, I worked for McDonalds.
We had one guy, who will remain nameless. White
skinny kid, about two years younger than I. And
what a jerk. I remember his first day, he looked
so totally lost and clueless. The SOB on the
second day started to give orders. I'd been there
about a year, and for a day two clueless asshole
to walk past and tell me to polish the stainless,
does not set well.

Anyhow, a couple years later, I'm in the city. I
knew it was a black section. But what heck, I was
hungry. As I walked in, and started look around.
I was the only white guy in the store, except for
this asshole who was the manager. I guess pushy ass
holes get promoted, and given their own store.

So, I got in his cash register line. After they
cleared a couple orders, I'm at the register.

I said as loud as I could without shouting "HEY, DAVE!
NOW WE KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE MINORITIES,WE'RE
THE ONLY WHITE BOYS IN THE WHOLE STORE!!!!!"

Dave turned all shades of red. I heard people laughing
in the kitchen, and also behind me in line, and out
in the lobby. I got my burger and bugged out.

Ah, revenge. Be it ever so sweet. BTW, this was long
before I was a Mormon, not sure I'd handle the matter
today. I'm sure today I'm much more gracious and gentle,
got a problem with that, mofo?

-
..
Christopher A. Young