Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default OT Why you need Process Explorer

"Maynard A. Philbrook Jr." wrote in message

Did you ever figure out what exactly it was doing?

No. I caught my mistake almost immediately after making it, and killed the
process. About an hour later, Kaspersky found the file and deleted it

I was careless. But I'dordered an item from Costco Photo, and this looked like
a status message. My mistake was not paying attention to the sender -- who was
in Italy.

It never hurts to be overly suspicious. This was the first time something got
through in over a decade. I have been warned.

Oh... handy trick... I was badly attacked back in 2004. The attack included
malware that reinstalled itself at each restart. It occurred to me that if I
changed the files' permissions to be executed or rewritten, a lot of problems
would be solved. And they were. You don't need to remove a file -- just keep
it from running or being replaced with a newer version.