Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Ten Minute Job

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

One of my neighbors asked me to change an outlet
for him, and asked me how much to do it...I said
u buy the stuff and give me $5, it wont take more
than 10 minutes to do.. it had one of those that
the wires looped into and it just bit down onto
the wires and he bought a regular house box and
outlet. So I had him shut off the breaker to only
what that was on...so I could cut thru the wires
and install the box.., he told me his bedroom was
messy and I couldn't t get in there to shut it off
myself..after I was done I asked him to turn it
back on and it didnt work...I tested it and there
was no power to it. I asked him multiple times more
to make sure all the breakers were on and he said
yes...because it took out his fridge I felt bad and
Loaned him my generator and 5 gallons of gas. I go
back the next day, testing all the outlets before
it, and searching of every ground fault breaker in
the house to make sure one isnt tripped and he still
insisted that the breaker was all on. I said I have
to get to the box...so I go get them another 5
gallons of gas for the generator and go back a
3rd day...turned out sure as **** the breaker was
off. I said..you couldnt see that all the others
were turned on and facing that way and this was the
only one was facing the opposite way and showing
the word off? He said but I didnt think it was that
one and i was afraid to turn it on, incase it
shouldnt of been on. When I was all done, I spent
3 days, over 7 hours there and 10 gallons of gas
when it was almost $4 a gallon...because this
idiot couldnt read a 3 letter word..off. guess
how much he paid me when I was all done....yep...
$5 grrrrr. He has come over and asked me to do
other things for him, but I cant bring myself to
help him and go thru that again.

Do enough work and you will learn never to trust anyone to turn the power
off and on.
Got a call at work that a piece of machinery would not start. Walked up and
the fellow said see, and he pushed a buttonseveral times. I said look you
big dummy press the green one instead of the red stop button.

---