Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Uncle Peter[_2_] Uncle Peter[_2_] is offline

Default Re-cycling compactor

On Sun, 30 Nov 2014 09:30:39 -0000, Tim Lamb wrote:

Temporarily in charge of the recycling boxes and struggling to fit 2
weeks worth of plastic containers into one box, I was reminded of an
earlier thread about getting more into a standard wheelie bin.

This got me wondering about design and marketing opportunities for a
domestic compactor/wrapper. Recyclable net wrap is already produced for
wrapping agricultural straw bales and could be made in less wide sizes.

Now if Dyson2 could devise an affordable hand/foot powered compactor
there is a one per household market:-)

Damn, I misread that as "cycling compactor" and thought someone had found a way to rid our roads of cyclists.

--
"Have you been hunting bear lately?"
"No, the grass tickles."