nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Philo:

I believe that there ARE differences amonst the human races. I believe that if the spotlight of science were to be shone on the biological differences between the various human races on this Good Earth, we would find important differences in the rate at which the different races mature, the average level of maturity they eventually reach and the average level of intelligence that is "typical" for each of the different races walking this Earth. Now, obviously, there's going to be enough intermarriage between all the races to blur the results somewhat, but that's to be expected.

But, no researcher is going to do any research on the development of different races because his funding will be cut and he'll be branded as a "racist", which is a travesty because that's really nothing more than us intentionally sticking our heads in the sand for fear of what we'll see.

I believe that every large group of people has enough diversity in it that one will find a broad range in every measurable biological trait within each group. But, I also expect that there will be generalizations that could be made based on averages.

From what I see in Ferguson, Missouri, there are a relatively large number of black people there that are using the Michael Brown shooting as an excuse to riot and loot. While I fully understand that there are plenty of blacks that are protesting the GJ verdict in peaceful and lawful ways, and those protesters are being joined by whites who also saw prejudice in that verdict, I can't help thinking that the black population of Ferguson Missouri has a large number of people who are WANTING to riot and loot, and just look upon that GJ verdict as an excuse to do so. And, these blacks are rioting and looting knowing full well that Michael Brown just finished a strong arm robbery in a convenience store and was walking down the middle of the road so as to disrupt traffic for no reason other than spite.

To my way of thinking, those rioters and looters are completely ignoring the fact that Michael Brown's behaviour on the day he was killed, and their own behaviour by looting and rioting, is exactly why many white people are prejudice against blacks. They see that black people often lower the quality of life in the neighborhoods they live in by getting involved in drugs and committing crime, which seems to me to be exactly what Michael Brown was doing in Ferguson that day. Many whites consider blacks to be lazy and as drunkards, and the looters breaking into liquor stores only serves to confirm that "prejudice". Michael Brown had stolen cigars that could be refilled with marijuana to make "blunts" to smoke to get high. And to get them, he pushed the convenience store clerk out of the way to convince him that any protest would lead to a beating. That's not the kind of person I want to have anything to do with.

So, regardless of why Michael Brown was shot, why wouldn't my observation of what went on in Ferguson over the past few months help to convince me that many (but not all) blacks are undesireable to be around? They are using the Michael Brown shooting as an excuse to attack their own community. Why wouldn't I be wary of the ethics and morals of the black people I meet as a result of seeing what happened in Ferguson? Where am I wrong?

Sorry, but I'm only saying what a lot of people are thinking.

Last edited by nestork : November 30th 14 at 07:18 AM