Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default BBC 4 prog tonight (UK)

"Phil Allison" wrote in message
Gareth Magennis wrote:

** Plus a lot of WEM amplifier and cabinets.

This classic pic from the back cover of "Ummagumma" shows Floyd's
equipment.

http://rarerecordcollector.cfhdesign...w-1-2-back.jpg

There's a Revox A77, a Binson Echorec drum echo and two Hi-Watts hiding
behind band members.

I also see 3 Sennheiser MD409s at the front.

They even carried a few spare 12-inch speakers.

I stopped listening to the Floyd after "The Wall".
Great album, but that was enough of Roger Waters' whining for me.

** Saw them play live in Sydney, back in August 1971 at Randwick Race
Course, mid afternoon. Not the best venue or time.

The Revox A77 opened the set, reels spinning fast, with a stereo recording
of a DC3 starting up, taxying and then taking off across the stage from
right to
left at realistic volume.

The band immediately broke into "One of these Days" from their not yet
released "Meddle" album.

Here is a short clip from that concert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mYnfk4EbkE

.... Phil

Interesting how the camera focuses almost entirely on Waters and his bass,
when all the featured lead is coming from Gilmour ...

Arfa