Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Amazon Prime

On 29 Nov 2014 10:51:43 GMT, David wrote:

So I assume that you can cancel now but keep benefits until the renewal
date as you paid up front for the year.

I think that is the case with the free trial, keeps you hooked and
you might change your mind... Not so sure

... the pleasurable blur of the holiday season.

You are joking, aren't you?. PITA Christmas, shops full of tat, shops
full of the brain dead trying to decide which bit of tat to buy for
Auntie Joan or would Cousin Sarah like it? Then the whole fing
country shuts down(*) for two weeks and you can't get anything done.

Still the brain dead will most likely be contributing to my fee for
working Boxing Day and New Years Day.

(*) Just look at gridwatch for the "Christmas Fortnight" 10 GW
reduction in demand...

I don't want a membership because

(a) I don't stream video.

Check.

(b) I have not so far felt the need to pay for quick delivery especially
when there is a SuperSaver option.

Sometimes there is an element of I need it tommorow.

(c) I tend to only buy from Amazon where the product is supplied or
fulfilled by Amazon because they have so far been very good with
returns, and the Market Place is a morass of dubious suppliers who all
share the same reviews for any given product which makes the reviews
useless.

I also tend to use supplied and/or fulfilled by Amazon but have used
market place sellers but not without checking 'em out just as hard as
I check an eBay seller.

--
Cheers
Dave.