Darrell Feltmate

Default Musing about books and stuff

James Clark wrote:
To read is to acquire knowledge, but you can't acquire wisdom without
doing.

James
You make the assumption that the wisdom is the ability to turn, at least
as far as we are talking about turning. However, as I understand the
thread, Arch is not taking about turning so much as a personal
philosophy of why we turn at all. What makes us appreciate the wonder in
the grain of a piece of wood? What is the facination that causes us to
beat speeding pieces of wood with sharp tools in the hopes that whatever
is left will be beautiful, or meaningful, or just plain satisfying? This
would be wisdom that comes of thinking and stimulated by the written
word as well as by oral debate.

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate