Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Is there any way of comparing light output from different breeds of lamp?

In article ,
Johny B Good wrote:
Thought that was to allow a CFL to achieve full level on a cold day? ;-)

I saw the smiley but Andrew was referring to the fact that a low
pressure mercury vapor discharge fluorescent tube starts off at around
a 110% of its 'design lumens' before swiftly dropping down to 100%
during the first thousand hours or so of an 8 to 16 thousand hour
design life when the output will have dropped to something like 80%
before the drop is considered to be end of life.

Very true. However, my limited experience of mains LEDs is they never get
anywhere near their claimed life before failing. And they are more costly
than a CFL.

--
*CAN AN ATHEIST GET INSURANCE AGAINST ACTS OF GOD?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.