Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Is there any way of comparing light output from different breeds of lamp?

In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
I'd recommend this too. Makers tend to lie through their teeth when
giving light levels from the latest whizz bang technology.

Make sure you run a lamp for 100 hours before measuring.

Thought that was to allow a CFL to achieve full level on a cold day? ;-)

Some lamp technologies are slightly brighter when brand new.

All lamp technologies slowly get dimmer with age, so you will get a
misleading reading if you compare one newish lamp with one near end
of life.

--
*Upon the advice of my attorney, my shirt bears no message at this time

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.