Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default car auxhilliary heater

In article ,
fred wrote:
Are you certain you're not confusing it with the residual heat
function?

Did you have this on your car?

Something which could retain a reasonable amount of heat overnight
would likely be very large. So where was it fitted?

Well I was beginning to doubt my memory and having made various searches
on Google and turning up nothing I finally emailed a query to BMW U.K.

However I see from the following post that the estimable Clive George
did a search on "BMW latent heat store" and turned up some interesting
results which would appear to confirm my memory. Thank heavens for that.
My memory is well shot as it is but I don't think I've reached the stage
of imagining things just yet.

Right - the mystery is solved. It's something which appeared in 2001 which
explains why it was not on the options list for my '97 model.

It's not a lump of aluminium but a chemical reaction based on a salt
solution.

--
*If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.