Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default OT - Amazon Prime

On 28/11/2014 20:20, polygonum wrote:
On 28/11/2014 20:03, David wrote:
Clicking through the usual route for free delivery on Amazon I suddenly
realise that I had been lured into signing up to Amazon Prime.

Don't know how it happened, but there seems no way to cancel it.
So I am on a free trial and I've already clicked the box to say that I
don't want to go from the free trial to the full service.

As I am inside, I can't check the outside door again (if you see what I
mean) so I don't know how much was Amazon trickery and how much was
simple
operator error.

Anyway, looks like I am up for some fast and free deliveries over the
Christmas period.
Which is good because I've already received a wireless keyboard without
the wireless USB receiver (udders...bulls..) and had to return it.

Good news is that I get free pick up for the return.
Looks as though the replacement (from another supplier) could arrive on
Sunday.

Anyone else seen an increase in pressure to join AP?

Yes. I got a "credit card" imploring me to do a Prime trial today.

I got one of those as well.

Seems
ever more difficult to avoid making that accidental click....

I use one click ordering and it doesn't seem to have infected that.

--
Colin Bignell