Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Baron[_4_] Baron[_4_] is offline

Default Cutting fluid?

Gerry prodded the keyboard

Those of you who actually do metalwork what kind of coolant do you
use? Have a self-contained system on my lathe and have been using a
water based(Tri-cool?) and have not been happy with the rust that
has formed in my tank. I lose a lot from evacuation and generally
make up with water but I suspect that is the wrong way to handle
things. When I added premix fluid, the fluid would gel up and not go
back in solution. Just wondering what others recommend. I don't use
coolant a lot but every time I need it my tank is empty.
Suggestions? TIA

I generally use neat cutting oil in a refillable spray bottle !
Actually the bottles original purpose was to spray olive oil for
cooking.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.