nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

The thing that I can't help thinking is this:

If Wilson believed that Brown was very strong and could easily overpower him, then when Brown ran away and Wilson gave chase, what was Wilson planning to do once he caught Brown?

If he managed to catch up to Brown, did he think he could wrestle him to the ground and cuff him? That doesn't sound plasible because Wilson testified that each time Brown punched him in the head, he thought he wouldn't survive another punch.

So, when Brown runs away and Wilson gets out of his car to give chase on foot, what does Wilson expect is going to happen if/when he catches Brown? That part doesn't seem to be very well thought out.

At that point, it would seem to me that Wilson SHOULD HAVE realized that if he caught Brown, he very well might lose the struggle with him and possibly lose possession of his service revolver to Brown, and possibly even get shot with his own gun.

Why didn't Wilson realize that if he caught up with Brown, his only two choices would have been to either shoot Brown or get beaten up by Brown (and possibly shot by Brown). It seems to me that if someone had just punched me several times in the head so hard that I thought they might kill me, chasing after them on foot with no plan as to what to do once I caught up with them isn't a very well thought out plan.

It seems to me that if I'm chasing Mike Tyson on foot, what I'm going to do with this Hulk of a man once I catch him would be what I would be thinking about. Did Wilson have a plan at all at that point? Shouldn't he have realized he needed to get back to his car and get a tazer or some pepper spray (because his only other option would be to shoot Brown)?

Last edited by nestork : November 28th 14 at 08:10 AM