Posted to uk.d-i-y
F Murtz F Murtz is offline

Default Is there any way of comparing light output from different breedsof lamp?

Nick wrote:
The open areas of our works are floodlit. Originally incandescent, then
tungsten and now metal halide.
We use 150w, 250w & 400w mh lamps. All on 9m stands and operated by
dusk/dawn sensors. Some of these lamps are now again degraded.
I am thinking that these metal halides would 'roughly' equate to 500, 750
and 1000w tungsten lamps.
Thinking of converting to led. Not for greenery but for (1) reduced running
cost and (2) ease of replacement as I'm the one one that maintains them.
Never have had much fondness of heights.
I haven't a clue as to what size led replacements I might be looking for and
would appreciate help on this.

The 400watters could be replaced by 2x 200/250w (MH-led) equivalents. This
might prove a bonus in terms of better coverage.

Any thoughts please on led output comparisons and perhaps suppliers of
suitable luminaires?
Thanks,
Nick.

in answer to the subject line.