Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred[_8_] fred[_8_] is offline

Default car auxhilliary heater

On Thursday, November 27, 2014 11:07:02 AM UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
fred wrote:
Didn't BMW once offer a heat retaining lump of aluminium which once
warmed up by a short run retained sufficient heat over night to give a
comfortable car a.s.a.p.

Wonder how effective it was.

Never heard of that one. My BMW has a 'residual heat' function that allows
the heater to be used without the engine running. For say passengers when
the driver nips into the shops or whatever. Gives about 15 minutes of
heat. Uses an electric pump. But obviously only when the engine was hot.

--
*I'm not a paranoid, deranged millionaire. Dammit, I'm a billionaire.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Canada'sanswer

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...productDetails