Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Fires in Ferguson, Missouri ...

On Tuesday, November 25, 2014 3:17:16 PM UTC-5, nestork wrote:
Oren:

I expect Philo was upset by my saying that nothing beats a good looting
spree to update a person's wardrobe, get a flat panel HD TV and restock
one's liquor cabinet.

My point there was that the looting that was reported to be going on
last night has nothing to do with race relations or getting justice for
Michael Brown.

It has a lot to do with race relations. Those rioters portrayed
the classic behavior that many people use as sterotypes for blacks. Then,
when some people decide to cross the street at night when they see
a group of young blacks on the other side, folks claim they are racist.

It is pure opportunism. Looters are using the Grand
Jury decision as an EXCUSE to break into stores and steal things. If it
were about racism, those looters would choose a more productive way to
express their anger at the Grand Jury decision by appealing to the
prosecutor to go ahead with charging the cop anyhow.

I'm not so sure it's all opportunism. Certainly some of it is. But
folks like reverend Al have stirred up a lot of sh** and worked the
emotions of a bunch of thugs and high school drop outs that are too
dumb or just don't care about finding out the truth.

I doubt it's even possible for the prosecutor to go ahead and charge the
cop anyhow. Isn't that the whole point of the grand jury system?

But, it's not about that. It's about using that Grand Jury decision as
an excuse to break into stores and steal things.

I don't feel my remarks were racist because I was being critical of the
looters since looting is in no way a reasonable response to the Grand
Jury decision. It's lawlessness and theft trying to disguise itself as
a reaction to the Grand Jury decision.

I agree.

They're my remarks, they were well thought out, and I stand behind them.
I'm Nestor Kelebay and I approved this message.

--
nestork