Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gridwatch ...

On 27/11/14 09:21, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 27 Nov 2014 02:36:47 -0000, Arfa Daily wrote:

Looks like a nuke has come back online. Its up over 6 again.

Only four TG's offline now, all of Sizewell B is off until end of Dec
(Statutary inspections). The other two, a TG each at Hartlepool and
Heysham are due back end of this month, after the boiler spine crack
and subsequent inspections shut 'em down a month or so back.

I bet National Grid are breathing a huge sigh of relief that nothing
was found to keep Hartlepool and Heysham offline.

Interested to see that the biggest contribution has been coming from
coal. Just goes to show that it's all driven by economics, and CO2
targets have got zip to do with it ...

It's close between coal and gas. For the last 72 hours coal has been
more or less flat out 24/7 @ 15 GW. Gas has varied from 5 GW to 23 GW
(ish). If you look at the weekly graph I'd say that the area where
gas is above coal is bigger than when gas is below coal, so gas has
produced slightly more electrickery than coal.

id agree. coal and nuclear now running full baseload with hydro pumped
and gas filling in the gaps that the renewables are completely unable to
fill...