nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trader_4 View Post
There is also this notion out there that a black guy can do everything wrong.
Commit a felony, ie a robbery at the convenience store. Commit another felony, by striking the officer. Refuse to comply with orders to stop and get on the ground. Curse at cops, give them attitude, start a fight, grab for an cops gun and God knows what else. Then when it ends in them getting shot to death, it's "the cop shot an unarmed black teen". Even if a cop made some error along the way, I reject the notion that a scoundrel can do anything they please, create a deadly situation, and then the cop is still expected to do everything 100% correct and if he does anything wrong, then it's the cop's fault for what happened, racism, etc.
I think the more succinct way to put it is that Michael Brown lowered the quality of life in the neighborhood he lived in.

Anyone that walks into a convenience store, steals whatever he wants with impunity and punches out the store owner for any attempt to stop him is a hooligan. In China, hooliganism is punishable by death.

While the civil rights activists are claiming this is a case of a racist white cop shooting an innocent child, the people that owned that convenience store, and undoubtedly many others in Ferguson are glad that Michael Brown was killed. Their lives will be happier without Michael Brown in them.

I think your US Constitution that says all men are created equal is correct. But it's not correct to say that all lives are of equal value. Some amongst us work to build our communities and create positive change by serving our community in our profession or in our business or in public office or spiritually as an spiritual leader. Others contribute nothing to society, and in fact are a burden on it. They become addicted to drugs, gambling or alcohol or something else and often sell drugs or commit crimes to support their own addiction. They are incarcerated at the public's expense and the cost to society is generally quite high for each individual. They abuse the people in their lives such as wives and children, often scarring them mentally for life. To say that the lives of people from both of these catagories are of equal value is simply wrong. To say that is to say that person was of equal value to their community as a criminal, alcoholic or drug addict as they would have been as a productive member of their community, and that is clearly wrong. All of us would clearly more enjoy living in a community where everyone is productive and supportive than in one where crime, addiction and family violence are common place.

Last edited by nestork : November 27th 14 at 05:46 AM