Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Backup power

On Wed, 26 Nov 2014 17:14:09 -0700, Tony Hwang wrote:

micky wrote:
On Wed, 26 Nov 2014 15:31:38 -0700, Tony Hwang wrote:

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
On 11/26/2014 09:30 AM, KenK wrote:

While trying to come up with something more to worry about, I thought
of my
backup battery. I have a 12 v deep discharge lead acid battery with a
Battery Tender wall wart charger. I check the battery water level monthly
(usually) and keep an eye on the charger indicator light. I see no
problems
but wonder if there was an easy way to be sure the battery will be
charged
when the power goes out and I need it for a light and, if summer, a fan.
Just trust the charger to detect a problem and warn me by changing the
light color or blinking? An easy test of some sort, other than turning
the
light and fan on for a half day or so every few months? I suspect I'll
just
have to take my chances.

http://www.iotaengineering.com/pplib/spec2.pdf

And add the IQ4 smart-charge module.

Connect an el-cheapo multimeter (Hazard Fraught or the like) across the
terminals (permanently) but turn it on only to check the voltage from
time to time.

Perce

Hi,
EVen bad battery gives good voltage reading. When Load is applied nothing!

You need to use a meter with a *battery voltage* setting for each
voltage battery. They have a built-in load. (They also have voltage
settings for use when not measuring batteries.) .eter

Hi,
That is battery checker they use at the garage. El Cheapo multimeter is
just a meter.

I'm talking about a multimeter the size of other multimeters with
settings for ohms, DC milliamps up to 10 amps, DC voltage, AC voltage
and also battery voltage.