Posted to rec.woodworking
Bruce Kaatz[_3_] Bruce Kaatz[_3_] is offline

Default Advice for repair of wood stool

Looked at this stools
sister and it was also assembled with screws - and guessing they did
serve the purpose of clamps. I'll ask the Amish family next time I go
and get wood and see what they say.

Just a thought here, not all Amish are wood working experts. I would
not assume they know squat about furniture.

How very true, Leon. This family usually builds dining room tables - and
they do great work. As I've never seen them do any sort of seating
furniture, I'm betting they get the chairs and stools from someone else.
Looking forward to the visit to learn a bit about their business model and
outsourcing.